Sunday, July 5, 2020

Pitot Mast and JDAir Canopy Latch (March 2020)

March 2020

The finishing kit is coming to a close. I've already ordered my G3X avionics panel from Aerotronics Inc and it should be delivered by early April. In the meantime, I ordered the Gretz pitot mast from Aircraft Spruce and the JDAir canopy latch which has a great look. Both were fairly easy to install, although I would highly recommend installing the pitot mast before closing out the skins on the QB wing. The lack of access made it challenging to drill precisely placed rivet holes to secure the mount.




Once the avionics arrived, I was able to run AOA and airspeed tubing out to the mast. I had to cut the aluminum tubing on the GAP 26 enough so that I could get proper clearance and routing of the power wires as well as the tubing relative to the available space.







No comments:

Post a Comment