Saturday, July 4, 2020

Fuselage Interior Paint

Fuselage Interior Paint (July-Sep 2019)

I ended up constructing a paint booth in the garage. I didn't grab any great photos of it when it was done, but the first picture gives the general idea. I installed two box fans at the far bottom side (toward the garage door) and taped some 20x20x1 furnace filters on them to assist in filtration. I always had the garage door at least partially open when I was painting. I also used a full Tyvek suit with a full face-shield to keep exposure to a minimum.
For the primer and top coat on the interior of the fuselage, I used StewartSystems EkoPrime and EkoCrylic in a Dawn Patrol Gray color. They are both water based, which made cleanup and general toxicity much better through the project. As with any primer, there are a few runs here and there and it's not perfect. The fuselage was not on a rotisserie, which made getting to some of the downward facing surfaces challenging. I'm happy enough with the result though. The EkoCrylic top coat is very smooth, shiny and durable so far.




 




No comments:

Post a Comment