Sunday, July 5, 2020

Finishing Kit!

Finishing Kit (Sep 19)
Timing the arrival of the kits sometimes feels like throwing a dart at a dartboard in the dark while blindfolded. I was never quite sure when I would need the next set of plans, but it seemed to work out fairly well this time. I was nearly complete with QB Wing and Fuselage plans by the time the finishing kit arrived. I got started on this section pretty quickly. Below are some random pictures from the kit.


 
Simultaneously working on the roll bar as well as the elevator bell crank attachment points.






Here are some pictures of the seat backs and the hinge attachment points. I also purchased the better aluminum cockpit vents from Vans and worked to get them aligned and installed. Once I did end up installing them with silicone, I had the outside of the vent masked off with cardboard and tape so I wasn't able to truly verify that the vents were centered in the opening. One of them was somehow way off where it needed to be, so I had to remove it and reinstall. 





Andair fuel shutoff valve (stock) installed. Nice quality.

Other cockpit coverings like the one over the flap motor and in the baggage area.



No comments:

Post a Comment