Saturday, July 4, 2020

EAA SportAir Workshops (Electrical Systems and Avionics) Feb '20

SportAir Workshop (Feb 2020)

As I waited for my panel to arrive from Aerotronics Inc., I was fortunate to get on the list for the avionics class here in Phoenix in February 2020. As expected, the class was well worth my time. I'm a complete novice when it comes to electrical connections and systems, so the class was extremely informative and provided plenty of hands on time to build some skills.

After the academic lessons, we did several projects including basic soldering, wiring a basic headset/mic jacks connection and finished with an advanced setup with lights, switches and fuses. The instructor gave us latitude (as usual) to make our mistakes and come up with our own designs for the final project. He provided valuable input that will help us when it comes to wire our own panel including techniques like accounting for vibration and future changes to the configuration.

I recommend taking the class if presented with the opportunity.








No comments:

Post a Comment