Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Paint design and planning

 August - September 2020

My EAA tech counselor put me in contact with a local painter that paints large/heavy aircraft at Goodyear airport in Phoenix. This guy had painted about 10 RVs over the years at his house and was willing to paint mine as well, but availability was an issue. Even though I was ready to move to a hangar and put the wings on and fly, I decided it was worth it to wait until the aircraft was painted so that I could avoid the heat and make my first flight in cooler conditions and in a truly completed airplane. So, I dusted off my Xbox and played video games for a few months and worked on my design ideas. I used Maverick Aircraft Designs to do the design work for me and Conrad was really great throughout the process of turning my sketches into a fully formed proof. You can see that progression below...

















No comments:

Post a Comment