Monday, September 2, 2019

Rudder Pedals, Brakes and Brake Lines

I went with the stock brake line kit from Vans.  We'll see how it works out, but the installation was pretty easy.  For the rudder pedals, I liked the look of anodized aluminum that I had seen in other builds.  There was a local anodizing shop that did all four for $100, which was their minimum shop fee.  I was very happy with the result.



 

  

Without the help of other builders who have forged the way before me, I surely would be lost.  One such instance arises with the placement of the rudder pedals at the forward-most position.  This creates a a situation where the right rudder pedals when extended aft makes contact with the cross bar of the left rudder pedal before the rudder stop is reached.  E's RV-14 build site does a great job of highlighting the issue and discussing the fix.  Bottom line, don't use the forward-most position, or manufacture your own links that connect the rudder cables to the pedals.  I ordered some steel from Vans and did my best to make new ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment